Welcome! It is a real joy for us to meet newcomers and tell you all the things God is doing in our church family. No matter where you are in your spiritual journey, we want to inspire, equip and encourage you to live out a life that will bring glory to God and be a blessing to the world.
We have multiple Sunday school classes that meet at 10:00 a.m. If you are interested in any of these classes, please drop by at any time or contact the church office for more information.
* The Friendly Crusaders class have served faithfully in the life of Young Harris Memorial UMC for the longest period of time and are led weekly by various leaders from the group. The Friendly Crusaders Class meets in the Family Life Center room 303.
* The Seekers Class meets weekly for Sunday school. They are led in lively discussions by Mr. Steve Middlebrooks or Dr. Jack Jones as they discuss the many issues presented to our lives and how the Scripture is revealed through study and prayer. The Seekers Class meets in the parlor, which can be found in the Whittemore Building.
* The Branches class meets in room 311 in the FLC. This class is a group studying Scripture together.
* Bulldog Discipleship meets at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday. Two of our students from UGA are leading a bible study group in room 311 of the FLC. Some weeks they meet off site; contact the church office for more details!
* Latino Bible Study is each Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. in room 308 in the FLC, led by Reverend Angela Baza. This class is taught in Spanish. All are welcomed to attend.
Have a look at our Wedding Policy. Any questions you have about our church’s wedding policy can be answered by Patti Simpson, our wedding coordinator. She is happy to provide suggestions for local musicians, florists, caterers and photographers as well.
Paula will also assist in the wedding rehearsal and wedding ceremony, and can meet with the bride/groom prior to the rehearsal to discuss possible “staging possibilities” for the bridal party in our beautiful sanctuary. If a wedding planner has been obtained, Paula is happy to work with the planner.
Please contact the church’s main office telephone, 706-543-2612 or email at email@example.com
Young Harris Memorial United Methodist Church is here to serve our church and the Athens community. We have many spaces that are available to rent. From basketball to volleyball, square dance or a production on the stage in the Family Life Center, or just a great place to have a birthday party; check out our rental policy here for information and fees to use the Family Life Center gym, dining room or Whittemore/Bell Building classrooms. Please contact the office at 706-543-2612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org